Enriched Learning Assessment Process
Insight into Your Child – the unique insight we gather during our learning assessment process allows us to create an individual learning plan, just for your child.
We determine your child’s exact academic needs and attitudes towards learning through our individual assessment process. Formal diagnostic assessments, as well as placement tests, identify the specific learning differences your child is experiencing in either literacy or numeracy. We cover basic skills in reading, comprehension, spelling, expressive writing, handwriting, number computation, and problem solving.
Typically, an assessment takes approximately 1.5 hours, followed by a parent interview to discuss the results and your child’s individual learning plan, as well as a written report.
Individual Learning Programs
Enriched Learning provides evidence-based literacy and numeracy programs that help develop basic skills. These include phonics, expressive writing and computation through to problem solving.
Our specialised learning systems provide opportunities for academic achievement by integration of the following key skills:
- Grammar and Punctuation
- Expressive Writing
- Problem solving
Direct Instruction Learning
Enriched Learning provides fully qualified and experienced teachers to work one-on-one with your child. These dedicated professionals use one-on-one instruction to implement our tailor-made learning programs. Our teacher-directed learning focuses the student on what is to be learned.
Through effective instruction, our teachers provide your child with varied and relevant practice of essential skills that are necessary for them to fully benefit from the curriculum in the classroom. Optimal learning opportunities are provided for your child through direct-instruction programs, task analysis approach, structured learning modules and commercial materials.
Monitoring and Ongoing Assessment
We encourage early intervention so that skills are taught early with regular monitoring of each student’s progress. Every step in your child’s learning is measured using evidence based techniques that ensure your child progresses to the next step. Regular feedback and reporting is provided to parents.
Opportunity Class & Selective Schools test preparation
Our educational programs have the flexibility to target specific learning needs to include test preparation for Opportunity Classes and Selective Schools.
- Phonemic Awareness
- Current clients also have access to the following assessments:
- Dyslexia (8-11yo)
- Clinical Psychologist working in the same building.
- Vocabulary and word play
- Figures of speech
- Phonemic Awareness
- Text Types – advanced writing skills
- Creativity strongly encouraged
- Manipulatives and games
- Number and Algebra
- Chance and Data
- Australian Curriculum Focus
- Advanced skills for giftedness
- Problem solving & code breaking
- Multi-sensory options
Specific test preparation: NAPLAN; Opportunity Class; Selective school; exams.
- Schools and the government regularly update and change the formats and questions for their testing material in order to ensure they are testing students for their academic ability; not their ability to rote learn test answers i.e. remember material.
- We ARE able to give students strategies and test-conditions to help them with tools to avoid anxiety and feel prepared for the experience. Feeling prepared for assessments is an important skill for students. Our learning material is filled with such a diversity of strategies that students are equipped for anything the education system demands of them. Veronica has supervised NAPLAN and completed university units on gifted testing requirements. She is constantly researching demands on students in the system.
- Every two terms assessments are conducted and reports written.
- Parents (of current clients) may request achievement reports and/or behavioural reports for school entrance interviews and/or psychologists.
- 1hr per week for 9 weeks each term, all year.
- Attend lessons for as long as you want to with the same tutor.
- Programs are not repetitive because they are tailored to suit the growing needs of each student